Berkeley, California, United States
Tom Sawyer Software is seeking an exceptional candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant to support our Chief Executive Officer. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day tasks including answering phone calls, responding to e-mails, and managing the calendar and scheduling meetings for the Chief Executive Officer. The Administrative Assistant will ensure that meetings have clear agendas, attendees are organized, and presentation materials are edited.
Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will edit documents and skillfully undertake personal projects as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer. The right candidate will exhibit great intuition and initiative, and will take an interest in the Company's sophisticated operations so it may run more smoothly and continue to be steadily improved. Most importantly, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that the Chief Executive Officer has more time to focus on overall Company strategy and growth.
- Manage the Chief Executive Officer's calendar, including scheduling daily meetings and networking events, and making travel arrangements
- Screen and respond to a high volume of incoming e-mails, some phone calls, and prioritize and relay important communications
- Write e-mails, letters, and memoranda
- Create and edit Company policies and procedures
- Edit and perfect documents before they are presented to the Chief Executive Officer
- Prioritize and manage case load currently assigned to the Chief Executive Officer, and undertake to directly take care of some of the case load as skills rise
- Follow up with staff so that they take proper care of the caseload that has been assigned to them by the Chief Executive Officer
- Update and maintain files according to the established Company file structure
- Assist with other Company projects or the Chief Executive Officer's personal tasks
- Bachelor's Degree with coursework in Creative Writing and Editing, Finance, or Business Operations
- Minimum three years of executive support experience
- Must have a car and valid auto insurance coverage
- Takes initiative and can work with little direction in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to coordinate work smoothly and multi-task with other teams and departments
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational skills
- Clear, confident and succinct oral and written communication skills
- Brings energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude to the job
- Has a long-term career view and is looking for a stable position in a growth company with opportunity for skilled people
- Respects that confidentiality is required in this position
Tom Sawyer Software offers competitive compensation, incentive stock options, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Tom Sawyer Software is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this position
View all open positions