Improved Performance for Model-Based Engineering, Layout, and Social Network Analysis
Greatly Improved Performance for Loading Data into Internal Block and Parametric Diagrams in Tom Sawyer Perspectives 8.3.1
Berkeley, CA, June 19, 2019—Tom Sawyer Software, the global leader in graph and data visualization and analysis technology, announces the release of Tom Sawyer Perspectives 8.3.1.
This release features improved web application rendering response time by up to 10% and additional improvements to product quality. In Graph and Data Visualization, customers can save time with faster layout and social network analysis. There is improved centering of edge attachment points along node sides in hierarchical drawings with orthogonal edge routing, as well as in orthogonal drawings.
In the Model-Based Engineering solution, performance is greatly improved when loading data into Internal Block and Parametric diagrams. The Graph Database Browser has more effective messaging when there is no additional data to add to a graph drawing. And in Business Process, there is improved behavior of process execution through merging gateways.
Improved Data Loading Performance for Model-Based Engineering Diagrams
Performance Boost for Large Graphs
In support of increasingly larger data sources, we have continued to tune the performance of Tom Sawyer Perspectives. Improvements include:
- Improved rendering performance in web applications by up to 10%
- Improved performance for loading data into Internal Block Diagrams by up to 30%
- Improved performance for loading data into Parametric Diagrams by up to 30%
- Improved social network analysis performance by up to 15%
- Improved orthogonal layout without constraints performance by up to 9%
- Improved hierarchical layout with orthogonal edge routing performance by up to 7%
- Improved hierarchical layout performance by up to 2%
- Improved symmetric layout performance by up to 2%
- Improved tree view update performance by up to 2%
Improved Social Network Analysis Performance
Tom Sawyer Perspectives customers can take advantage of these quality improvements:
Tom Sawyer Graph and Data Visualization
- Improved neighbor retrieval animation
- The Amazon Neptune data commit works with date, Boolean, integer, short, long, double, and float data types
- The Amazon Neptune data commit handles NULL values correctly
- Improved centering of attachment points for edges in hierarchical drawings with orthogonal edge routing
- Improved centering of attachment points for edges in orthogonal drawings
- Improved placement of tree nodes into orthogonal drawings to better consider aspect ratio
Tom Sawyer Model-Based Engineering
- Fixed deselection upon a filter change
- Fixed addition of association edges into Block Definition Diagrams in the web application
- Fixed rendering of refine edges in Block Definition Diagrams
- Fixed placement of port labels upon a change of layout settings
- Corrected closing of diagrams when switching projects within MagicDraw
- Corrected sizing of the Tom Sawyer Perspectives drawing view when switching tabs within MagicDraw
Tom Sawyer Graph Database Browser
- Improved messaging when there are no additional neighbors upon execution of the Load Neighbors command
Tom Sawyer Business Process
- Added visual indicator to collapsed subprocess nodes
- Fixed the restoration of the previous process version in certain situations
Improved Drawing View Rendering Performance
These product quality improvements are now available in the production release. For more details, please see the Release Notes.
To try a free demonstration, click here.
us for more details and to learn why leading global organizations such as Airbus, General Electric, IBM, JPL, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Procter & Gamble, Sanofi, and Toyota rely on Tom Sawyer
Software for mission-critical solutions.
a free evaluation of Tom Sawyer Perspectives 8.3.1 or sign in to download this latest release.
You can also continue the conversation by following us on Twitter, LinkedIn,
Vice President of Marketing
Tom Sawyer Software
About Tom Sawyer Software
Tom Sawyer Software is the leading provider of software and services that enable
organizations to build highly scalable and flexible graph and data visualization
and analysis applications. These applications are used to discover hidden
patterns, complex relationships, and key trends in large and diverse datasets. Tom
Sawyer Software serves clients with needs in link analysis; network topology;
architectures and models; schematics and maps; and dependencies, flows, and
processes. We help clients federate and integrate their data from multiple sources
and build the graph and data visualization applications that are critical to
analyzing and gaining insight into their data.
View All Press Releases