Company News

Tom Sawyer Software Continues Model-Based Systems Engineering Industry Leadership in Brussels

Company Co-Leads Data Visualization Specification for SysML 2.0 Global Standard

Berkeley, CA, June 29, 2017—Tom Sawyer Software, the global leader in graph and data visualization and analysis technology, continued to drive innovation as the Data Visualization focus area co-lead for the Object Management Group (OMG) Systems Modeling Language (SysML) 2.0 specification. The SysML 2.0 working group recently convened at the OMG technical meeting June 5-9 in Brussels, Belgium.

Organizations practicing model-based systems engineering (MBSE) are on the rise. They generate massive amounts of data in their engineering, logistical, and multi-tiered processes. Global standards such as SysML 2.0 improve the specification, analysis, design, verification, and validation of these processes. Data-driven graph visualizations help people quickly understand and act on the massive amounts of data related to these processes with context-aware diagrams.

However, manually maintaining and updating diagrams is slow and labor intensive. Companies typically spend 20 percent of their MBSE effort on modeling, and the remaining 80 percent on rearranging and maintaining diagrams.

Tom Sawyer Perspectives automatically generates and rearranges SysML-compliant and custom diagrams based on specifications in a fraction of the time and with far less manual effort. It also enables systems engineers to edit and further customize diagrams.

Organizations across diverse industries such as AIRBUS, JPL/NASA, Lockheed Martin, and Toyota rely on Tom Sawyer Software to help them visualize and analyze critical data at the scales, speeds, and quality required for today's mission-critical enterprise solutions.

"Our customers see a 400 percent, or greater, gain in productivity in creating, updating, and quality checking diagrams," said Brendan Madden, Chief Executive of Tom Sawyer Software. "One of our enterprise MBSE customers needed two engineer-weeks to manually rearrange and validate 75 diagrams. Now with Tom Sawyer Perspectives, they produce 400 diagrams in one engineer-hour."

Learn more about our model-based engineering solution here.

Custom Diagram of a Hybrid SUV Generated Automatically by Tom Sawyer Perspectives

SysML-Compliant Diagram of a Hybrid SUV Generated Automatically by Tom Sawyer Perspectives

Contact us to schedule a live demonstration.

You can also continue the conversation by following us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.

Media Contact:
Deborah Baron
Vice President of Marketing
Tom Sawyer Software

#graphviz #SysML #MBSE

About OMG

OMG technical meetings provide a neutral forum to discuss, develop, and adopt standards that enable software interoperability for a wide range of industries. Executives, technical architects, researchers, engineers, and developers attend OMG technical meetings to influence the direction of future standards work, hear from industry experts, network with peers, and be among the first to know what will be cutting edge tomorrow. The next OMG technical meeting is September 25-29 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Learn more.

About Tom Sawyer Software

Tom Sawyer Software is the leading provider of software and services that enable organizations to build highly scalable and flexible graph and data visualization and analysis applications. These applications are used to discover hidden patterns, complex relationships, and key trends in large and diverse datasets. Tom Sawyer Software serves clients with needs in link analysis; network topology; architectures and models; schematics and maps; and dependencies, flows, and processes. We help clients federate and integrate their data from multiple sources and build the graph and data visualization applications that are critical to analyzing and gaining insight into their data.

View All Press Releases